Thursday 7 January 2016

Prof Tim Noakes - Marathon Talk

Something that combined 2 of my favourite subjects, low-carb high fat and running. Today I listened (not for the first time, yes I am that interested) to an interview conducted on marathon talk with Prof Tim Noakes the author of Lore of Running and the Real Meal Revolution. For those interested look up and download episode 142 of marathon talk, a fantastic show that I listen to every week but this is one of my favourite interviews in which he is actually talking about the research he is doing for The Real Meal Revolution. 

On the show he notes that he has done significant research and read many books and articles and in none of them does the high fat low carb diet come out worse. I don't want to go into detail but I do think that the interview is worth a listen to for most people and not just runners. He mentions the ease of maintaining weight, not getting hungry, sugar addiction and some of the science. 

I am convinced that 75% of people will be better off on a low-carb diet. The science and the research is fairly sound and if LCHF had the same monetary backing as high carb low fat you do wonder if the debate would be over, anyway imagine that it was over and we are told that LCHF is healthy....

For me I have heard several people that say they want to try this life-style recently and because of what Katie and I have done they think it is healthy in both the long and short term. Most of these people (with one notable exception and well done to that person) have not started the life-style and the problem is having the will and determination to start. Once you have started and gotten yourself off the sugar addiction it is easy. True it is easier for Katie and I as we don't have an obsession with drinking which many people seem to, really don't get it as it is so much more fun to not drink! 

This life-style is not something to dip your toe into you need to try it properly for a few weeks and see what happens. Give it a go and commit and you can literally change your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment