Thursday 31 December 2015

Looking forward and back

At the end of 2014 we decided to set ourselves targets for the coming year. These were commitments that we decided to make to ourselves that we would do our best stick with for a full year to see if they made a difference. These commitments were: 

To Lose some weight, ideally 6 stone but I didn't think this would happen. We initially decided to do Low Carb and stick with it for a month, if that didn't work we were going to try something else. Fortunately it did work so we've stuck with it now. 

To get fitter and achieve a sub 30 minutes parkrun by the end of the year

At the end of the year I wanted to reflect back on these commitments and make some new ones for the coming year. As you know I successfully lost much more weight that I ever expected. I haven't quite reached my target weight but have got very close, far closer than I ever imagined when I set the target. 

I have also run a sub 30 park run, and not just one, I've now got a sub 27.30 PB and am just increasing my mileage and speed on a weekly basis. I feel so much fitter and healthier in myself. 

So my commitments for 2016 are quite simple and along the same lines: 

Maintain our low Carb high Fat lifestyle proving to everyone that the weight is off for good and this isn't just a short time diet. I would ideally like to lose a few more pounds and continue to tone up but I am not going to consciously think about it. I will just do this as part of the lifestyle that we're following. 

Run a Sub 25 minute parkrun by the end of the year. A sub 1hr 10KM and ideally get some great half marathon times but I'm not going to stipulate what these should be. 

I'm sure these are very boring commitments but to us they mean a great deal and this last year has made a drastic difference to us both emotionally and physically. What are your commitments for the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment