Sunday 17 May 2015

A staple Breakfast - Bacon, bacon and more bacon

I guess you can imagine the looks I get when I tell people I have lost 6 stone in 6 months and Katie has lost 4 stone, imagine it when I tell them that our staple breakfast is bacon. I am lucky as I love bacon and really enjoy this as my standard breakfast, we sometimes mix it up with one of the following cheese, chorizo, sausages, egg or if I feel like it a sprinkling of herbs or spices. 

Don't think I need to explain how to cook this other than to say put it into oil and fry it for a while. You are welcome to have lots of butter on it as well, yes butter. Butter is full of fat and not carbs, in one of the books I read they are quite happy to have a block of butter with each meal. 

If you want to do this on a budget then I recommend the following product from Tesco, it is not the nicest bacon but as long as you are happy to eat the fat and don't mind some bits being thicker. 80p for a weeks worth of bacon.

Admittedly this is not the most imaginative breakfast but it is fairly quick, fairly simple and tastes good most mornings. Hopefully as we near the slowing down phase and maintenance phase of this diet we will be able to be a bit more creative. Still after 6 months for breakfast we have... 
The above image is from the Tesco website and they own it and all branding, I am just using this to promote their product


No comments:

Post a Comment